ICSI (Intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
ICSI is a process in which carefully selected healthy sperm of Husband is injected inside the wife’s egg under the special microscope & it is kept along with special nutrients required for survival & growth in a specialized incubator which mimics the human body temperature & conditions to help the sperm injected egg to form an Embryo.
Who needs this?
- High levels of abnormal sperms
- Low sperm count in the semen sample
- Low mortality of the sperm
- Sperm extraction from testicles or epididymis (TESE / MESA) done for Husband
- Husband sperm Immature (low mobility) thus IVF not possible
- Spontaneous fertilization failure in-spite of good semen analysis report.
- Couples whose IUI was not successful.
- Couples opted for genetic testing of embryos (as only one sperm is injected)
- If age more than 33 years with unsuccessful ovulation study.
IMSI (Intra cytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection)
IMSI is an advance version of ICSI, in IMSI the best healthy sperm is morphologically shortlisted, this is done using a very high end advance microscope that has a amazing capability to magnify the sperm at around 6000 times as compared to others which is barely 400 times.
With 6000 times magnification the Scientist/Biologists can see every minute details aspects of the sperm & discard those with abnormalities & shortlist only with the best heath condition.
It is scientifically proven that Being able to select sperm with morphological superiority are believed to increase the chances of successful implantation of pre-embryo and decrease the likelihood of miscarriage.
Who needs this?
- Wife Fallopian tubes are absent or blocked.
- Wife diagnosed with moderate to severe endometriosis.
- Male sperm health test is sub-fertile (mildly to moderate sperm problems)
- Couple whose IUI was not successful.
- If wife age more than 33 years with unsuccessful ovulation study.
First in India to use Advance Time Lapse system with complex algorithmic software based on "Morphokinetic"
India’s fastest adopters of proven Cutting edge technologies like Time Lapse, Laser assisted hatching, MACS & many more.
State of the art Advance laboratory (Class II) clean room with 7 layer air filtration system (with HEPA) & Pressurized Air Lock system.
Advanced Incubators with unmatchable real life bio-mimicking (creating 100% mother’s womb like condition for eggs to grow) for highest success rate
Standalone Biosafety cabinet with in build double HEPA filter system for enhanced safety & zero contamination of sperm sample processing
Advance laminar air flow (with multiple workstations & giant inbuilt screen) with built-in incubator for faster & accurate processing of human gametes.
Unique patient Barcoding system for zero errors (used in end to end operations & processing)
27 years of Fertility experience with unmatchable patient care & management.
Customised & Personalised advance fertility treatments for each & every individual patient.
Each Patient case is discussed with a team of doctors & Reproductive scientists / Genetic Expert.
Maximum blastocyst embryo transfer resulting in highest live birth rate per IVF done.
Special tie-up with India’s Fisrt (South Asia’s First) egg Bank Cellsure Biotech providing donor eggs & embryo in a unmatchable short record time of 3 hrs (Only Akruti gets this service in India)
When to Visit?
- Wife needs to visit the IVF centre at Day 2 of the mensuration cycle.
- First visit will be for counselling & diagnosis & previous fertility history (sonography & blood test).
- A sonographic evaluation is needed to check Egg quality & any other minor anatomical defects.
- Counselling of husband for the sperm health test is done.
- A detail Counselling of the couple is done to explain the detail issue to couple.
- Post all reports patient might be advised diagnostic procedure (Hysteroscopy or laparoscopy) for further course of action.
- Post diagnostic procedure & detail diagnosis pre-IVF treatment plan is charted out for couple.
- Regular follow ups to ascertain complete readiness to undergo IVF(ICSI/IMSI).
- Pre-Treatment duration can vary depending on patient health conditions to maximise chances of pregnancy in first IVF(ICSI/IMSI) cycle.
- With completed pre-treatment IVF the IVF(ICSI/IMSI) treatment cycle is started from Day 2 of menstrual cycle or day 18 to 20 of menstrual cycle.
Before the procedure -
Husband sperm sample is collected in advance & frozen, This frozen husband sperm acts as an insurance for the couple & can save the IVF cycle cancellation if husband cannot give sperm sample on the day of procedure or he is not available at the time of procedure due to some work or emergency, under such circumstances this frozen husband sample can be used.
Sperm Processing -
Obtained Husband sperm sample goes through a special wash & processing which removes dead & defective sperms along with other unwanted substances.
Wife’s Egg Pick up -
To retrieve Wife eggs, she is given injections & other oral medicines as per the wife’s body diagnosis & after some days the egg is taken out from the wife’s body.
Procedure brief - ICSI is a process in which carefully selected healthy sperm of Husband is injected inside the wife’s egg under special microscope & it is kept along with special nutrients required for survival & growth in a specialized incubator which mimics the human body temperature & conditions to help the sperm injected egg to form an Embryo.
Procedure brief - IMSI is a process in which with a help of super microscope the sperm is viewed in 6000X to morphologically select the most healthy sperm of Husband is injected inside the wife’s egg under special microscope & it is kept along with special nutrients required for survival & growth in a specialized incubator which mimics the human body temperature & conditions to help the sperm injected egg to form an Embryo.
This developed embryo is them transferred into wife’s uterus ( Embryo Transfer) where it will grow further & can result in successful pregnancy.