PGD / PGS Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Embryo Screening)
Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) – is a screening test used to determine if genetic or chromosomal disorders are present in embryos produced through in vitro fertilization (IVF). Preimplantation genetic diagnosis screens embryos before they are transferred to the uterus so couples can make informed decisions about their next steps in the IVF process. Embryos unaffected by the genetic or chromosomal disorder can be selected for transfer to the uterus.
Who Needs it?
- One or both partners have a history of heritable genetic disorders
- One or both partners is a carrier of a chromosomal abnormality
- The mother is of advanced maternal age
- The mother has a history of recurrent miscarriages
- For couples with heritable genetic disorders
- For couples with chromosomal disorders