Surgical Sperm Extraction (TESA / PESA / m-TESE)
Surgical Sperm Extraction: These are the various medical procedure for extracting sperm from the testicles/ reproductive organs of man, in certain cases where sperm is absent in the ejaculated semen sample also called Azoospermia (Zero Sperm) these procedures are performed.
Basic Definitions for Semen (Sperm) Quality :
1) Azoospermia – Absence of sperm (Zero Sperm) in the ejaculated semen sample.
2) Oligospermia – the Very low presence of Sperm in an ejaculated semen sample.
3) Aspermia – Absence of Semen or retrograde Ejaculation.
4) NecroZoospermia – Very low Healthy sperm & high presence of dead/defective sperms.
5) Teratozoospermia – A Low percentage of Morphologically Normal Sperm.